Explore Maine’s abundant local farm landscape with us this summer in the second Explore Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt! Discover farms in your neck of the woods, or take a trip further afield in search of new-to-you farms, foods, and to learn about Maine’s food system. Whichever way you choose to do the Scavenger Hunt, it’s sure to make for a memorable and delicious summer for the whole family!
The Scavenger Hunt consists of over 30 tasks of varying difficulties, with additional tasks to be released throughout the summer by MFT and partners. Prizes will be available for several levels of completion, with a grand prize for participants that complete all available tasks. MFT will use an app to administer the scavenger hunt, making it easy for participants to play and share their submissions. We hope that this free summer activity will be a fun way to grow the number of people eating from and supporting Maine’s vibrant farm community.
Contact email@example.com with questions about how to register or how to play.
More information about the Scavenger Hunt
When visiting farms for the Explore Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt, please follow these guidelines.
- Call ahead and check local listings for hours, schedules and seasonal updates.
- Help keep farms healthy — stay home if sick or not feeling well.
- Follow farm rules. Stay in visitor areas. Keep pets at home.
How to Play
This year, MFT will be using a free app called Goosechase to make it easy to view the tasks, submit pictures and responses, and track how close you are to winning prizes. Please follow the instructions in your confirmation email (after signing up) to download the app and begin hunting!
Explore Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt Resources
These resources will help you complete some of the Scavenger Hunt’s tasks!
- Find a wild blueberry farmer
- Find farms on Real Maine
- Find a farmers market near you
- Find a grange hall
- Learn more about Maine Farmland Trust’s work
- Learn more about Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture and the Environment
- Learn about the state of Maine’s agriculture from the USDA Census of Agriculture
- Learn about the indigenous land you live on
- Learn if your community has a Community Food Council
There are multiple levels of prizes for this year’s Explore Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt, depending on how many tasks you’re able to complete.
10,000 Points or Above (Grand Prize)
MFT tote bag, MFT hat or t-shirt, sponsor merch, partner merch
7,500 – 9,999 Points (Level 2)
MFT tote bag or MFT hat, MFT bandana, MFT sticker pack or temporary tattoos
5,000 – 7,499 Points (Level 1)
MFT bandana, MFT sticker pack or temporary tattoos
600 – 4,999 Points (Kids)
MFT sticker pack, MFT temporary tattoos