Donate to Support the MFT & MOFGA PFAS Emergency Relief Fund
MFT and MOFGA are jointly administering a PFAS Emergency Relief Fund to support any farm dealing with potential PFAS contamination.
The fund has four primary purposes at this time:
- To help pay for initial PFAS testing on farms that choose to do their own testing.
- To reduce the emotional impact of the PFAS crisis by funding wellness costs and supporting access to mental health services for impacted farmers.
- To provide short-term income replacement for farms that the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry (DACF) has identified as having high test results.
- To invest in infrastructure adaptations to help PFAS impacted farms remain viable.
This fund is meant to serve as a safety net, providing interim support from initial PFAS testing to when they can access DACF’s longer-term PFAS support programs.
This is a much-needed lifeline for farms that are facing extreme stress and uncertainty about their futures. In addition to administering the fund, MFT and MOFGA are working collaboratively to:
- Provide technical assistance to impacted farms.
- Support mental health counseling for impacted farms.
- Create communication tools and resources for farms.
- Educate the community about PFAS.
- Advocate addressing the root causes of PFAS contamination at the state and federal levels.