- This event has passed.
Applications open: Farming for Wholesale Program
October 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am - November 29, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Farming for Wholesale
This program is for experienced farmers who currently serve wholesale accounts and are ready to scale up significantly. Farming for Wholesale is a highly-selective, competitive application program.
If selected, you will:
- Receive up to 50 hours of individually tailored business planning assistance within the first year of the program. Up to 50 additional hours of technical assistance will also be available during the second year.
- Attend MFT’s Business of Farming workshops, if you have not yet already participated in the workshop series.
- Participate in workshops for experienced wholesale farmers that put your challenges and questions about scaling up to your farming peers and service providers. Specific topics are chosen by cohort participants.
- Have the opportunity to submit your scaled-up business plan to compete for an Implementation Grant of up to $50,000
During the program, you’ll have a chance to:
- Work with an experienced team of business, production, and marketing advisers over 1-2 years.
- Firm up your understanding of your farm’s production costs.
- Have accurate financial records suitable for a business plan; and know-how to record and maintain them going forward.
- Evaluate possible scenarios for scaling up your business.
- Write a business plan based on your most preferable scenario.
- Have the opportunity to submit your business plan to compete for an Implementation Grant of up to $50,000 from MFT.
Please note: You are not required to have participated in Farming for Wholesale 101 or the Business of Farming to apply for Farming for Wholesale (previously called FFW 201). However, if you are accepted into 201, and you have not participated in FFW 101 or BOF, you will be required to attend the workshops series.