Farmland Access Conference 2015
October 19, 2015 at Pineland Farms
Join us for a day-long conference on the challenges that farmers face in gaining access to farmland, as well as the tools and resources (both existing and imagined) to help improve access.
In-depth work sessions for:
• Retiring farmers interested in transferring land to next generation farmers
• Non-farming landowners that have an interest in making land available for farming
• Service providers, including land trusts, conservation commissions, town planners, lenders, etc., with an interest in fostering affordable farmland access
• Farmers seeking affordable farmland
Presented by MFT, with partners American Farmland Trust and Land For Good
SEE THE FULL AGENDA HERE
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
You may register at the door with cash or check. The registration fee is $25.
*Note: We are unable to accommodate dietary needs and special requests after 10/14.
Directions to The Commons, Pineland Farms, from the Maine Turnpike:
1. Take the Maine Turnpike to Exit 63 (formerly Exit 11) in Gray, Maine.
2. Bear to the right after the toll booth, toward the center of Gray Village. Stay in the right lane. At the first intersection, go straight through the light onto Route 115.
3. Continue on Route 115 (East) for 1.6 miles, then turn left onto Depot Road.
4. Continue on Depot Road for 2.8 miles to a stop sign.
5. Turn left at the stop sign onto Route 231/Intervale Road, then immediately left again onto Morse Road.
6. Turn right into the Pineland Campus via Farm View Drive. Take the 3rd right onto Campus Drive. The Commons will be in front of you with free parking available to the right.