- This event has passed.
Real Estate Professional Training: Working with Farms with Commercial Agricultural Potential
April 30 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$40.00
Real estate professionals play an important role with both sellers and buyers of farm properties.
Learn how commercial farm buyers differ from other property buyers and what they look for in properties, PLUS how to reach them! Receive guidance, tools & resources to:
- Understand characteristics of the commercial farm buyer
- Reach the commercial farm buyer
- Understand & describe what a commercial farm buyer looks for in a farm property such as soils, field acreage, buildings & infrastructure, water & forest resources
- Identify legal & tax issues relevant to farm properties
- Explore farm financing options
- Understand conservation easements & more
- Discover state and regional “land linking” programs
Connect with these farm service providers:
- Land For Good
- Farm Credit East
- Maine FarmLink
- Maine Farms Realty
- New England Farmland Finder
- Southeast Land Trust of New Hampshire
Course is eligible for 3 hours of Continuing Education credits from the New Hampshire and Maine Real Estate Commissions.
Advance registration discount course fee before April 23rd: $30
Late registration fee (after April 23rd): $40