- This event has passed.
Sourcing Local Made Easier: Farmer + Buyer Workshop
January 13, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
This workshop is for farmers who have participated in Farming for Wholesale (including farmers participating in 2018). Maine-based buyers who source Maine-grown products, or would like to start sourcing local products.
Farmers – how could you be marketing your products better for wholesale? Buyers – how could you get more of the local products you want, at the time of year you can sell them? In this workshop, we will tackle these questions together and work to smooth out kinks in the local supply chain.
Participating farmers and wholesale buyers (such as department managers and general managers in retail stores, restaurants, and other Maine-based buyers of local food) will have the opportunity to:
- Understand pricing strategies (both cost and value based), and to learn how to set prices that will be sustainable for all parties involved.
- Share tips and experiences on best communication protocols such as winter meetings, growing season updates, and price sheets/availability lists.
- Coordinate strategy for packaging and promoting local foods.
- Develop crop-planning methods that produce better consistency and value for all parties.
- Develop empathy and a deeper understanding of what it’s like to be in the shoes of someone else along the supply chain.
Free to attend! Please REGISTER here by 12/29