Farm Fresh Rewards: DOUBLE Your SNAP Dollars
Support farmers AND save money. Get more healthy food and feed your family on a budget. Use the Pine Tree Card to help build your local community.
HOW IT WORKS
Get a $5 fruit and veggie voucher for every $5 you spend with SNAP/EBT on local food at participating stores.
Tips for using the program:
- Buy more, get more: Get a $5 voucher for every $5 you spend on local food
- Look for labels identifying local products
- Vouchers are good for fresh, frozen, and dried local fruits and vegetables with no added sugars, salt, or fats
- Earn and spend vouchers in $5 increments, so look for small local items (like garlic) to help you round up
- Vouchers can be spent on your next purchase or saved up for when benefits run low
- Note the expiration date on your vouchers
- Spend vouchers at any participating store
Visit farmfreshrewards.org for more information, including Frequently Asked Questions.
Like us on Facebook, too!
This is similar to another program in Maine, Maine Harvest Bucks, which provides extra money to buy local fruits and vegetables at participating farmers’ markets, CSAs, farm stands, and a mobile market. Maine Harvest Bucks is managed by our friends at Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets.
Cooking classes, recipes, tips, and more:
- Maine SNAP-Ed: Helps you cook, shop, and eat on a budget! Offers recipes, cheap meal tips, cooking classes, and more.
- UMaine Cooperative Extension offers workshops and tips on preserving and canning food.
- Good Shepherd Food Bank’s Cooking Matters (cooking class and shopping on a budget store tours) program
- Journey to Health cooking classes
- Maine General Healthy Living cooking classes
- Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4 /Day: Cookbook available online, with more recipes online too, a selection of cheap meals so you can eat healthy on a budget
- List of what produce is in season when
- Cooperative Extension’s video series: 5 Ways to Cut Food Costs
- Cooperative Extension’s “Eat Well” program also offers newsletters with handy tips about buying and preparing food on a budget
WHAT WE HEAR ABOUT FARM FRESH REWARDS
“This program is on many levels a life-saver, in that I get to eat…good quality food, I get to support my local farmers and vendors, and in my mind all of that is a win-win. Overall the mental and physical health benefits and the opportunity to get more food is huge for me. It’s a big deal.” –Customer
“We really love that our local food co-op offers nutrition incentives. It is a win for our farm and fellow farmers in that more people are encouraged to buy local products and great for our community that folks can utilize these programs to support our local co-ops and small businesses, and fantastic that families get to see their benefits stretched further and are able to enjoy fresh local fruits and veggies grown in their communities.” –Farmer