It is MFT’s practice to set compensation amounts that align with the successful candidate’s experience. We offer a possible salary range describing the level of compensation we’d expect to offer for the advertised position. In addition to competitive pay, MFT offers several benefits to its employees, including a group health plan, group vision and dental plans, 2 weeks of paid vacation at the start of employment, 14 paid holidays/year, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, wellness and farm share benefits, and other forms of paid time-off. This benefits information corresponds to full-time employment with benefits also offered to part-time employees on a pro-rated basis.
Director of Development (Portland or Belfast, Maine)
The Director of Development (the “DD”) leads a strategic program of fundraising activities at MFT with special attention on major gifts, working closely with the President, Development staff members, and the Development Committee of the Board of Directors to further the most important fundraising priorities of the organization. This includes identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding new and existing relationships to advance fundraising goals.
The DD’s primary focus will be to raise funds for MFT’s strategic priorities by:
- maintaining a robust and proactive schedule of external contact with supporters
- managing a portfolio of donors and prospects, and overseeing portfolio management across the organization
- effectively cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts to advance fundraising goals and engage donors in the activities and work of MFT
- leading major gifts, planned giving, and grants programs; providing expertise to support grassroots and membership fundraising programs
- acting as a thought partner to the President & CEO on revenue generation and supporter engagement, and deploying the President & CEO effectively to advance revenue generation strategies
- supervising the Development Officer and Grants Officer
- staffing and providing supportive leadership to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
Salary Range: $90,000 to $110,000
How to Apply: To apply, please submit a detailed cover letter, resume which includes a list of references with contact information, and a writing sample by October 15th to:
Maine Farmland Trust
ATTN: Rachel Grant
97 Main Street
Belfast, ME 04915
If you have any questions, contact Rachel at 338-6575 or email@example.com.