ABOUT LD 437 Maine's Legislature will consider numerous bills this session seeking to implement Governor…
Keep Maine farmers and producers in mind while you wrap up your holiday shopping this year! Here are a few of our favorite gifts that give back to Maine farms:
- A local CSA share. This is the gift that keeps on giving! Farm CSA shares are increasingly diverse, offering everything from seasonal veggies to dairy, meat, bread, and more! Click here for a list of CSAs near you, or your loved one.
- A homemade local meal for (or with!) someone. Make something they love, or love to make, and challenge yourself to use only local ingredients! To stock up on everything you need for knockout meal, shop at one of Maine’s winter farmers markets.
- A meal or a gift certificate at one of Maine’s many farm-to-table restaurants. Maine is a local food mecca, with lots of amazing restaurants that believe in buying from local farmers. Check out this list from the Portland Press Herald, or UrbanSpoon’s list here.
- Local art that supports local farms! Our gallery is flush with local art, as well as books and holiday cards, and MFT gear. Many items can be purchased online, or visit the gallery at 97 Main St in Belfast. All gallery purchases support the work that we do to grow the future of farming in Maine.
- The gift of giving. We must mention that we do offer gift memberships. What could be better than giving someone the knowledge that they had a hand in keeping farming vibrant for years to come?