- two handfuls of turnips
- butter or oil for roasting
- 2 bunches of Bok Choi
- 2 small or one large onion
- a few cloves of garlic (amount depends on your love of garlic)
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- optional: cream and lemon juice
- handful of chives, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
Add the roasted turnips to a pot of vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and purée them to create a light cream of turnip.
Over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic until soft and golden, then add the bok choi and cook until wilted, then add to your soup.
Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: cream or lemon juice, to taste.
Garnish with chopped fresh chives and parsley.