This summer, it’s more important than ever for families and kids to get outside. Farms…
Join us on Tuesday, October 14 at Colby College for a day of discussion and workshops exploring the opportunities for strong farm to institution partnerships in Maine.
Keynote: Clara Coleman, Four-Season Farming for the Wholesale Market
This event is an opportunity for institutions, dining services, distributors, farmers, nonprofits, and others to learn more about:
- Mainstreaming, a new project connecting farms to broadline distributors
- First steps in wholesale production & scaling up to sell to a distributor
- Why institutions should consider buying local foods
- How to work with aggregators & processors
- How to move more local meat, fish, and other proteins into institutions
This is a free event, but you do need to reserve your spot in advance.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided by PFG & Sodexo.
Signups have closed; please contact Ellen with questions at 207-338-6575 / email@example.com
EVENT SPONSORS—THANK YOU!
Maine Farmland Trust