Hannah Chamberlain is one of MFT's land stewards, and monitors farm easements in Lincoln, Kennebec,…
Help protect farmland and keep Maine farms farming.
There are many ways you can help keep Maine farms farming:
• Support your local farmers: shop at road side stands, farmers markets, greenhouses and pick-your-own operations.
• Ask your grocer to stock locally produced food.
• Use local produce for community events and meals.
• Encourage your local school to purchase local foods.
• Make sure your local land trust includes farmland in its land protection priorities.
• Help your community plan for agriculture.
• Become a member of Maine Farmland Trust.