In 2020 we worked with farmers to protect a total of 20 farms, totaling almost…
Help protect farmland and keep Maine farms farming.
There are many ways you can help keep Maine farms farming:
• Support your local farmers: shop at road side stands, farmers markets, greenhouses and pick-your-own operations.
• Ask your grocer to stock locally produced food.
• Use local produce for community events and meals.
• Encourage your local school to purchase local foods.
• Make sure your local land trust includes farmland in its land protection priorities.
• Help your community plan for agriculture.
• Become a member of Maine Farmland Trust.