- This event has passed.
Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt
July 1 - September 11
Explore Maine’s abundant local farm landscape with us this summer! Discover farms in your neck of the woods, or take a trip further afield in search of new-to-you farms, foods, and learning about Maine’s food system. Whichever way you choose to do the Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt, it’s sure to make for a memorable and delicious summer for the whole family!
How it works:
- We’ll send you the scavenger hunt passport in the mail the first week of July
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook. For each task with a camera or video icon, tag us in a post OR in a story on either Instagram or Facebook (IG: @mainefarms/ Facebook: @mainefarmlandtrust) and include the hashtag #ExploreMaineFarms2020. Don’t have social media? Please indicate so when you sign up and we will be in touch!
- To complete the five Bonus tasks, keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook feeds. We will post Bonus tasks every other Thursday beginning July 9th.
- Mark off completed tasks on your passport, and write in any additional answers
- Complete as many tasks as you can between early July and early September. Send in your completed passport by September 11 to claim your prizes!
Ways to Win!
1. Kids only: Complete all of the Kids tasks and you’ll get a sticker sheet and temporary tattoos.
2. Finish an entire category: Go, Do, Learn. Complete every task in ONE of the three categories and you’ll get honorable mention and a bandana.
3. Complete all 30 tasks and you’ll get canvas market tote, and a new Farms Feed ME t-shirt OR MFT hat.
4. Complete all 30 tasks + the bonus tasks shared on social media biweekly to be the ultimate winner! You’ll get a copy of the new Maine Bicentennial Community Cookbook, canvas market tote, and a new Farms Feed ME t-shirt or MFT hat.
Please be mindful:
Please explore responsibly to support farms while keeping your family and farmers safe. Before visiting farms or markets, double check and make sure you know if the location is open to visitors and what the protocols are, as hours and standards may vary from place to place. At minimum, follow the CDC guidelines when interacting with your farm and food community.
By participating int he Maine Farms Scavenger Hunt, you agree to give MFT the right and permission to publish, republish, or otherwise use any photos that you submit to MFT or post on social media tagging MFT and the hashtag #exploremainefarms2020, with or without edits. You also grant to MFT worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free rights and license to use said photos in media including but not limited to web sites, video material, print advertising, online advertising, and collateral and other printed material. By submitting photos, you represent and warrant that you own or have all necessary rights, licenses, and permissions to publish and share the photos, and that the photos don’t contain third party copyrighted materials or materials that are otherwise subject to third party ownership of rights in any way. Should you wish for submitted photos to not be shared, published, or otherwise used by MFT, you may send this request to email@example.com and remove the #exploremainefarms2020 tag from their social media content.